Saturday, June 16, 2012

Teachable Moments...

First let me say, I LOVE Kroger. It is a Cincinnati-based company and I support them whole-heartedly. I am a regular customer, and I will continue to be a regular customer. However, when looking for Father's Day goodies to add to a fun celebration for my husband being an AMAZING dad, I just couldn't pass up this cake. My daughter couldn't take her eyes off all of the frosting, my husband loves cookies, and as a writing teacher, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy this cake, take a picture of it, and utilize it in a lesson on grammar.

 CookieCake

With vacation travels lying ahead, I plan to try my darndest to find as many examples of incorrect grammar as I can possible find, photograph them, and share them in a lesson on grammar with my students upon returning to school.  Billboards, shop signs, advertisements, and grocery store bakeries are a few places I will focus.   Feel free to grab this image for a lesson of your own. Keep me posted on any "sweet" grammar issues you may find in your quest for teachable moments...

CatchUp_-1


5-Star Blogger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home