Sunday, September 22, 2013

More Reader's Theater for the Middle Grades-The Cafeteria Catastrophe

As I continue on with my teaching hiatus/maternity leave, I find that teaching is constantly still on my brain.  Upon my return to teaching next school year, I will be tackling the common core standards.  While I know it has been a gradual transition, I need to have my act together and be prepared to jump in head first.

In preparation, I continue to spend some time each week writing, working on lessons, and following favorite blogs in order to keep my mind from turning to "mommy mush!" My latest writing is another Reader's Theater that I know all middle grade students will love!

As teachers, we are often inspired by our students.  This piece was definitely inspired by a scenario that took place last school year.  I learn a tremendous amount from my students...mostly good, but sometimes my findings can be frustrating.  All names have been changed, but milk was stolen from our cafeteria and students were faced with varying consequences.

If you are looking for a piece that has your students working on fluency, engaged,  and making TONS of inferences, make sure you check out The Cafeteria Catastrophe Reader's Theater on my Teachers Pay Teachers site http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/More-Readers-Theater-for-the-Middle-Grades-881050.  This 15-page resource comes with 5-reader response questions, a summary organizer, and summary answer guide.  Here is a sneak peek:








Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home