Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Twas the Night Before the First Day of School...CELEBRATE!

Neighborhood get-togethers are a HUGE part of our life.  We spend a ton of time playing outside in our front yard, which has helped both my children and my husband and I develop some great friendships.

We gather most frequently in the spring, summer, and fall months.  We never really need a reason to spend time with our neighbors, but we are always delighted when a fun occasion arises.  As a school teacher, I think I am a celebrator by default...

This is our 2nd Annual Back to School Party!  It is the last night before our kiddos head back to their learning.  We don't do much-pizza, juice pouches, fruit salad, and cookies, but it is a celebration of the year to come.  The trumpets were a cheap, noisy, and fun touch-that is what they are blowing!
The start of the 2012-2013 school year
Elliott-2nd grader, Brennan-1st grader, Lilah-Preschool, Emmie-Kindergarten, Andre-2nd grader

The start of the 2011-2012 school year
Elliott-1st grader and Brennan-Kindergarten-the other characters just got a fun pizza dinner!

I feel like I need to celebrate and capture these moments because they seem to come and then head out so quickly.  For that very same reason, I feel that it is such an important job as a teacher to always have the camera ready to capture those exciting moments in the classroom as well because they quickly come and pass too!

The "big kiddos" will head off to elementary school today.  The "littlest girls" will begin their learning journey again on Monday.  More pictures are to come for sure!  Good luck to all of the moms and dads sending their kiddos off to school in the coming days.  I will be thinking of them all day as I put the finishing touches on my own classroom and get it ready for my students' 6th grade learning journey.  Happy start to the 2012-2013 school year-it is going to be a great one!



These were a few of the goodies I made for the kiddos...



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home