Friday, August 1, 2014

Five for Friday Linky Party: How was your week?

 

This is the first time I have ever done the Doodle Bugs Five for Friday Linky Party.  I am excited to reflect on the week and share in the fun as summer winds down.  Here are a few fun things that happened during this busy, non-stop week!




Last Saturday I got to meet some of the bloggers that I follow and have connected with over the last few years!  It was a fun day connecting, eating, and getting some really cool prizes.  Thanks to Emily and Jen for all of your hard work.
 




My daughter really took a few leaps of faith this week.  My nervous swimmer jumped right off of the diving board, which at the beginning of summer, I never thought would happen.  This is the girl that has sat on the edge of the pool for swim lessons the last two years watching her friends learn how to swim.  I am so proud of her and in awe of all the new things she has challenged herself to to this summer!  I guess 5 changes some things!  Look out, kindergarten!



Our local mall got a few of these...not sure that this is a favorite of mine, but it sure made my two littles happy at the mall on Monday night!  That and the ICEE!
 







I am obsessed with clip art, especially clip art that I can use to make resources that don't make my 6th graders feel like "babies."  I love these kiddos from 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Bilingual-Scrapbook


 





Lastly, I was inspired by all of the Back to School madness to finish a reader's theater and create this FREEBIE.  I love productive weeks where I not only manage my nutty household, but also manage to squeeze in some essential school work! 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Back-to-School-Interactive-Ice-Breaker-for-Middle-Grades-to-Middle-School-FREE-1353003

Hope you had a great week as well!  Be sure to link up!


post signature

2 Comments:

At Friday, 01 August, 2014 , Blogger The Sassy Apple said...

Just stumbled upon your blog via the linky party. Your design is so cute! I am a neighbor over here in PA : ) And I just finished up teaching 6th grade L.A. summer school {6th is in middle school here}! Glad you could find some clip art to suit your needs. I had a tough time balancing cutsy/kiddy stuff and the preteen attitude. Don't know if I could do it full time, so kudos to you!

 
At Friday, 01 August, 2014 , Blogger Middle of Lit said...

I love that clipart for "big kids"! Thanks for sharing your great find :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home