Warm Up and Chill Out Test Prep Blog Hop and $50 Starbucks Gift Card GIVEAWAY!
To get your students geared up for fiction, I have created these Character Analysis Task Cards. I have found that while my students tend to LOVE fiction, it can be a real challenge to get them to analyze and respond in writing to the kind of questioning that is expected of them. They can discuss text verbally all day, but when it comes to getting their ideas down on paper, some struggle to answer multiple step questions, and simply answer only the first portion of what is asked of them. I need them to be able to support their response with information from the text or by citing textual evidence, so I created these task cards.
For some assistance with helping students navigate this reading literature expectation, snag this FREEBIE:
- directions for immediate implementation
- 8-task cards with student answer document
- answer key
- small group to reinforce character analysis with those struggling
- whole class
- in a literacy center
- clear directions for immediate implementation
- notes for student understanding
- 32-character analysis task cards
- student answer document
- answer key for quick assessing