Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Weekly Parent Communication Tool...Try Smilebox

Staying in constant communication with families is essential as a teacher.  While phone calls, e-mails, and letters are absolutely necessary-I also think sharing photos of students in action in the classroom and school setting is something that many parents love the opportunity to see.  I find it invaluable as a parent!

My son's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Bell, introduced me to Smilebox.com when she sent a slideshow of her family vacation as a way of introducing herself to her new group of students.  From that first viewing, I was hooked and realized I needed to incorporate this incredible tool into my classroom and blog to enhance my communication with families.  In fact, that is what I have done the last two school years so that my students get to know me a bit better.

If you go back to older posts you will note that I have utilized Smilebox for weekly newsletters and slideshows throughout the course of the school year.  I truly can't say enough about how easy it is to create such unique resources for students and their families.  If you are looking for an easy way to showcase what is happening in your class-try it out.  As a mom and a teacher, I highly recommend it!  

Be sure to check out Mrs. Bell's site aplacecalledkindergarten.blogspot.com
The woman is the most incredible kindergarten teacher, a technology genius, and has ideas that are inspiring to any teacher at any level.  She is a true expert at her craft! 


Click to play this Smilebox newsletter

Create your own newsletter - Powered by Smilebox
This newsletter design customized with Smilebox


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home