Monday, February 17, 2014

Hip, Hip, Hooray! It is ALMOST time for Opening Day: Baseball Close Reading FREEBIE

After 9 more feet of snow, I am ready for spring!  OK, maybe only 4 inches, but enough is enough!  I have officially had it with winter.

I have been so excited to see the updates that the Reds' pitchers and catchers are reporting that I was a bit inspired to create.  I am still on my inspiring-male-readers-kick, so in addition to focusing on basketball and football, I have enhanced my knowledge of baseball.

When I think about baseball, I wish I could  tell you that my focus is on the game-how many hits, errors, RBIs, etc.  However, I most love going for the people watching, snack-eating, craft beer sampling, and the chance to see how excited my children get when the snow cone guy approaches. 

Unlike my All About Athletes Close Reading Bundle, this Baseball Close Reading Bundle focuses on more of the history of all things baseball: Bobbleheads, the Seventh Inning Stretch, Take Me Out to the Ballgame, Forbes Field, and The History of Baseball Grub.  While many baseball players are worthy of writing about, I wanted to focus student thinking on the sport, not just the people that play.

If you click on the image, it will take you to a FREEBIE passage with text dependent questions and a cause and effect graphic organizer.  This is to be utilized for one-on-one, small group, whole class, or reading center test prep.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0WRApjFnFcTQU94SFVGeG1RN00/edit

Keep me posted on what you think! 

http://www.teachingwithnancy.com/t-g-f-weekly-freebie-link-7/

http://www.classroomfreebies.com/


2 Comments:

At Monday, 17 February, 2014 , Blogger The Teacher's Desk 6 said...

This is a wonderful resource! Thanks so much for sharing! I definitely can use this with my 5/6th graders. The boys, especially, will enjoy it!

 
At Tuesday, 18 February, 2014 , Blogger Traveling Thru Sixth said...

LOVE this....and thanks for the reminder to buy the perfect All About Atheletes package that is in my cart. I have loooooots of sports boys in my ELA 6 so,this is exactly what I need. Keep them coming!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home