Friday, October 17, 2014

Five for FRIDAY Linky


http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/

I have not done this in a while, but as this is my most favorite time of year, I thought it would be the perfect time to share...here is a peek at my week!  Hope you are as excited for Friday as I am!

This past weekend we headed to this great place called Shaw Farm.  It is the ideal place to take a family in Cincinnati.  Fall makes me obsessed with all things on a farm.  My littlest is obsessed with tractors and my oldest wanted to pick out their own pumpkins. This place has a 3-acre corn maze that my oldest and I will be heading back to take on.  It is about a 3-mile challenge that is is ready to tackle.  I can't wait! 




https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0WRApjFnFcTak5aTi04Yzh5QUE/edit 
To go along with my loving all things pumpkin, here is a close reading freebie you might like to snag. This 7-page pack includes word work and close reading tools to help your students understand pumpkin harvesting.  A timely resource!
 
I don't know what homework time looks like at your house, but I captured this pic of my three kiddos getting down to business after school.  My littlest is obsessed with coloring, so he is happy to hang with them for a little while, until the Twistables start flying and he decides to start standing in chairs.  It was a moment that made me smile, so I snapped it.


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Woodsong-CCSS-Novel-Unit-for-Grades-4-8-1496650 

 I finally finished this unit this week.  If you are looking for an amazing novel to teach your kids about writing memoirs...this is an awesome book.  Gary Paulsen is an amazing storyteller and will have your kids engaged from the first chapter.  This novel unit is the perfect tool to go right along with it!
Tonight is our homecoming parade for our town!  My kiddos are very excited to wear their uniforms to school, walk in the parade throwing candy, and attend the varsity game.  My son gets to be a part of the player tunnel and my daughter gets to cheer with the varsity cheerleaders for the first quarter.  Life for them is good!

Hope you had a great week!

post signature

1 Comments:

At Sunday, 19 October, 2014 , Blogger Maria Eshman said...

Those are some of the cutest kids I've every seen!!!! Can I send a kiddo to you for homework time because it DEFINITELY doesn't look like that in my house. :)
Lots of love friend!
Maria

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home