Monday, October 22, 2012

Tell Me Something Good...


I linked up with Rowdy in First Grade http://rowdyinfirstgrade.blogspot.com/ for my FIRST linky party ever.  I love the spirit of this blog and thought I could share many good things going on both at school and at home.  Here are just a few:

At SCHOOL: School is in full swing-students are into their routines, we are reading one of my favorite novels, Hunger Games, and we have a number of exciting 6th grade related things to work on over this next week-from student-led conference portfolios to our 2nd Annual Pumpkin Day that involves all kinds of math related activities that come with the carving of a pumpkin.  I LOVE working with my team and allowing our students to work together.  Here are a few pics of last year's event before, during, and after pumpkins were carved!  I am SO excited for Friday to get here!

The pumpkins awaiting their demise...

Students in the midst of carving after figuring out the cost of supplies and writing checks to purchase their pumpkins.

Proud 6th grade pumpkin carvers.

At HOME: My son was in the hospital a few weeks ago for an infection in his lymph nodes-we had a 4-day stay at Cincinnati Children's Hospital.  I am loving that he is back to perfect health and complete normalcy in his crazy 6-year-old boy playfulness.  He is tackling friends in the front yard, riding his bike as fast as he possible can, and just sweet as can be.  I LOVE that!  Here are some pics of my son, daughter, and husband doing fun fall, pumpkin things:

Brennan with his perfect pumpkin.

My sweet family.

Brennan loving every moment of "snuggling" with a python.  YUCK!!!

I love having the chance to reflect on the great things happening, so I am always grateful when something stops me in my tracks to do just that!  It makes me excited for the days, weeks, and months to come, but also reminds me to take time and just enjoy these great moments as a teacher and a mom.  I can't wait to hear about all of the "Good Things" going on with my blogging friends!  Your turn to link up!  If you don't have a blog, feel free to leave a comment about something good happening at school and something good happening at home. I LOVE GOOD THINGS! 



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Monday, 22 October, 2012 , Blogger Jill said...

My boyfriend just starting reading Mockingjay, and he was telling me that middle school teachers should be reading this with their classes, and I said, "They do!!" Sometimes I wish I taught a higher grade so I could get into awesome books like The Hunger Games. :)

Marvelous Multiagers!

 
At Monday, 22 October, 2012 , Blogger Jessica Lawler said...

Hi there! I found your blog through the "Tell Me Something Good" linky party - I'm your newest follower :)

I teach fifth and we're doing a "Pumpkin Day" next week too! It's a fun, festive idea and the kids will love it!

I love your pictures - they're so cute! My husband and I went to apple picking last week and took some fun fall pictures in the pumpkin patch too!

I'm glad I stumbled onto your blog - check out mine when you have time.

~Jessica
Joy in the Journey

 
At Monday, 22 October, 2012 , Blogger Jennifer said...

I am so glad your son is back home and healthy! But- whoa! Snuggling a snake?! YIKES! And I am WAAAAAAY jealous that you can read Hunger Games with your kids! I LOOOOOOOOVE those books! (Well, maybe not the third one!)
Rowdy in First Grade

 
At Wednesday, 24 October, 2012 , Blogger 5th Grade Rocks, 5th Grade Rules said...

Such fun! I'm a fan of your blog--your newest follower!

~Mimi
5thGradeRocks5thGradeRules

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home