Sunday, March 2, 2014

Grammar Mistakes Fixed for Good...Grammar Sing-Alongs FREEBIE

I know you have seen those hilarious memes about grammar...here are a few personal favorites of mine:



As a language arts teacher, nothing drives me battier than grammar mistakes in writing. A few at the top of my list are:

1. Incorrect usage of apostrophes when a noun is merely plural
2. When someone writes “should of, could of, would of”

Would you believe that “a lot” isn’t even on that list? I feel like that is such an easy fix, whereas the above errors are a tougher challenge to correct. Oh how one student that makes the above mistakes can stop me dead in my teaching tracks, and send me right into song. So here goes…the following songs are inspired by the relentless mistakes I find with my incoming 6th graders. Be sure to keep this handy, so when the occasion arises, and it will, you are armed and ready to get this up on your SMARTboard and SING at the TOP OF YOUR LUNGS each to the tune of “Where is Thumbkin?”
Click on the image to download this FREEBIE...



http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Plurals-Possessives-and-Plural-Possessives-Get-it-Straight-Sing-Alongs-1141623


For added emphasis, print out copies or have students record these lyrics in their writer’s notebooks!

Stay tuned for more sing-along songs to address my other frustration!

Happy Monday and Happy one-day-closer-to-better-grammar!



http://www.classroomfreebies.com/2014/03/MM-3-3.html

http://www.teachingwithnancy.com/

2 Comments:

At Monday, 03 March, 2014 , Blogger Christine Reeve said...

OMG...I am so glad that I'm not the only one driven nuts by the apostrophe mistakes!
Chris

 
At Friday, 07 March, 2014 , Blogger Differentiation Station Creations said...

Awesome!
Differentiation Station Creations

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home