Sunday, March 16, 2014

What are some of your favorite books? A Favorite Novel FREEBIE

As a reading teacher I have a ton of favorite books!  I have favorite picture books to read aloud to my own children, some for teaching different reading skills, easy reader chapter books for new readers, favorite novels to share with students as well as for my own personal reading...I could go on!

Here are a few of mine broken into categories:

Family Favorites:
1. Fancy Nancy books to read with my daughter
2. How I Survived... books to discuss with my son
3. Snuggle Puppy by Boynton
4. Goodnight, Gorilla by Peggy Rathman
5. Where's My Hug? by Amy Hest
6. Firefighter Ted by Andrea Beaty and Pascal Lemaitre
7. Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown
8. The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn

Teaching Reading Strategy Favorites:
1. Strega Nona-Inferring
2. Just Another Ordinary Day-Imagery
3. Sylvester and the Magic Pebble and The Sand Castle Contest-Summary
4. Mmm, Cookies!-Cause and Effect

Novels to Teach to 5-8th Grades:
1. Crash by Jerry Spinelli
2. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
3. Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
4. The Lottery Rose by Irene Hunt
5. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
7. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
6. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

I am always in search of new titles, but these are a few of my absolute favorites that I never get tired of reading/sharing!

This past week, I updated a novel unit that I love teaching for Maniac Magee.  If you have taught this novel or plan to teach it, download the Character Analysis Freebie by clicking the image below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0WRApjFnFcTbnRXTUN4VG5KXzQ/edit?usp=sharing


If you are looking for the complete novel unit, click this image:

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Maniac-Magee-CCSS-Novel-Unit-1162023

I would love to hear more about any favorite novels you have.  Feel free to leave a comment below so I can check them out!

post signature
http://www.classroomfreebies.com/

http://www.teachingwithnancy.com/t-g-f-weekly-freebie-link-11/



4 Comments:

At Monday, 17 March, 2014 , Blogger Unknown said...

I found your blog through Classroom Freebies. I love your Character Analysis Freebie. Thanks!

 
At Monday, 17 March, 2014 , Blogger Carla said...

Thank you for the nice freebie. My colleague is just getting this book set, so she'll appreciate it. I'll let her know you have the full unit listed too.

 
At Wednesday, 19 March, 2014 , Blogger Erin Beers said...

Carla,
I LOVE teamwork! Hope your colleague finds it useful!
Erin

 
At Wednesday, 19 March, 2014 , Blogger Erin Beers said...

Breanne,
I try to keep the FREEBIES coming! Glad you liked it!
-Erin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home