Sunday, December 14, 2014

Classroom Party Game! "UNWRAP A PARTY" BALL...

Holiday parties are events that students really look forward to at EVERY age. Even my 6th graders LOVE celebrating holidays with one another throughout the course of the year.  I am one of those teachers that loves to have fun, too!  It can be a bit pricey and time-consuming to coordinate it all, however!

I am ALWAYS on the hunt for new ideas...I have seen this "UNWRAP A PARTY" BALL idea on Pinterest and decided that I HAVE to give this a try.  Because I have the fun task of planning, organizing, and implementing a game at my son's third grade classroom holiday party, I thought this was the perfect time.  So here is a very simple "how-to create" this and I will keep you posted on how it all goes down...

I bought the following items:
  • Saran Wrap-200 sq ft.
  • Clear Mailing Tape
  • clear tape 
  • 1-Ring Pop 
  • 2-bags of candy (Smarties and Laffy Taffy) due to peanut allergies
  • 1-box of candy canes
  • 3-bags of holiday erasers and bouncy balls

To CREATE:
  1. use Ring Pop for the center/core
  2. wrap a layer of Saran Wrap and tape 
  3. tape candy or trinkets to the Saran Wrap
  4. layer over the candy/trinkets with more Saran Wrap
  5. tape over that with the Mailing Tape
  6. repeat until you run out of goodies or until your ball is the size of a soccer or basketball

Supplies for creating!

Almost complete!
How to PLAY:
  1. Students will sit in a small group.  The student with the birthday closest to Christmas goes first.  Then the game goes in a clock-wise order.
  2. The first student will roll a pair of dice.  In order to begin trying to unwrap the ball, the player with the dice must roll doubles.  Once the player with the dice rolls any doubles, he may begin unwrapping the ball.
  3. The player may continue trying to unwrap the ball until the next player rolls doubles.  Each treat that is acquired can be kept by the student that unwrapped it.  
  4. The ball continues to be passed around and the dice are rolled until the teacher calls time.

I wrapped this things up REALLY well, so it will be pretty challenging to get to each and every layer.  I will keep you posted on how this goes!  Please share any games you love to play with your middle grades to upper elementary students.

post signature

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 18 December, 2014 , Blogger Stacie Dempsey said...

Cute idea! My son's birthday is on Sunday and I may have to try this out.
Thanks for sharing,
Stacie
www.smocussmocus.blogspot.com
P.S. - I found you through the TpT forum :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home