It has been quite a Thanksgiving break! One that I feel I needed tremendously. It has been a joy to take time to PLAY, bake, and wake up whenever we wake, not due to an alarm. THE BEST!!! After planning my week of learning, creating lessons, etc. I logged on to find this very sweet blog award nomination. Just what I needed to start off my week, thanks, Em.
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!
So here goes for my 11 random things:
1. I LOVE cleaning. I could vacuum, clean the floors, and wipe every countertop surface everyday. It may seem a little OCD, but I truly feel it reduces stress to have things clean.
2. I am a morning person-I am happy to be up with a cup of coffee, tackling the day.
3. I am a thrifty shopper. I LOVE deals and HATE to pay full price for anything.
4. I eat Greek yogurt and pretzels for lunch at school everyday. I have for as many years as I can remember.
5. I LOVE to bake cookies. My favorite is gingerbread M&M.
6. I have run 9 marathons, including Boston, but will only run half-marathons from now on. The training is a killer!
7. I gave up candy for Lent and still have yet to have any. I give it up every year, but this is the longest I have ever been able to go without. I eye the Milk Duds and Red Vines at Kroger every shopping trip.
8. I have two AMAZING kiddos with another on the way in March. We did not find out the gender for any of them before they were born.
9. Obviously, I LOVE surprises.
10. The only channels I watch that are not full of children's shows are: Food Network and the Cooking Channel. I should be much more of an expert in the kitchen.
11. I am a 6th grade reading teacher, but hated to read when I was in the 6th grade, funny enough!
Questions Em asked...
1. What wakes you up in the morning?
I love to wake up in the morning. I love to peek into my son and daughter's rooms to see them still fast asleep. I am usually up and ready to head out for a run or to the gym and back before anyone has stirred in my house. Coffee also makes me smile in the morning.
2. Do you have a hobby that you enjoy?
I can't live without running! It truly keeps me sane!
3. Do you have a recipe that you can't live without?
Watching Food Network as much as I do, you would think I should be an unbelievable cook! No favorite recipe, but I have yet to harm a family member with my meals.
4. What is your favorite movie?
My favorite children's movies are now: Cinderella, Snow White, and Tangled. My favorite movie of all time is probably Pretty In Pink.
5. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging because I try to make a pact/goal with myself each summer that I will try something new. This summer my goal was to enhance my blog that had been created at a district in-service and learn more about Teachers Pay Teachers. This summer I had so much fun learning as much as I have about the blogging world. I still have a WHOLE lot more to learn, however. That is what makes it so inspiring, though.
6. If you weren't teaching, what would you do instead?
When I retire from teaching in 15-20 years, I want to go to culinary school to become a chef. I do want to explore administration before I retire, too.
7. How long have you been teaching and in what grades?
I have been teaching for 15 years. I began my career in a small Catholic school teaching self-contained 5th grade for 2 years. I then got a job in Norwood as a reading "recovery" teacher for grades 6-8 for 1 year, and then have been in 6th grade ever since. I gess I have taught at the 6th grade level for the last 13 years. YIKES!
8. What is your favorite household chore?
There is a tie...windexing counters, vacuuming, and cleaning the floors. Windexing and spot vacuuming take place at least once a day, though. I have small kiddos!
9. What is a holiday tradition that you love to do each year?
Opening new PJs on Christmas Eve.
10. Where do you like to shop?
I love so many stores. Target is the go-to for random items. I love Gap and Old Navy for clothes. Nordstrom is my pick for shoes.
11. What is your favorite pin on pinterest?
I have found so many awesome things in Pinterest. Crafts, home ideas, school lesson ideas, etc. Aside from recipes, I get my daily fill of funny e-cards. This pin was one that we found for my son's Halloween party at school. I think I like it best because he was able to teach his classmates how to make this lollipop spider, so they could make their own. Pretty cool.
Now for the questions I have for the bloggers I have nominated to answer...
1. Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it?
2. What is one item that you could not live without?
3. What is your favorite teaching resource or tool?
4. When did you start blogging?
5. What is your favorite TV show?
6. What is your favorite Holiday to celebrate in the classroom?
7. How long have you been teaching? What grades have you taught?
8. What is your best teaching memory?
9. What is your favorite holiday dish?
10. What is your favorite thing about being a teacher?
11. What is your favorite sport or team?
Blogs I nominate for the Liebster Blog Award. Thanks for all of your impressive work with kiddos each day! Your blogs are full of inspiration, clever ideas, and dedication. I not only utilize your ideas in my classroom, but with my kiddos at home:
1. Leever's Lessons
2. The Lightbulb Lab
3. Dancing in our Teacher Shoes
4. Not So Wimpy Teacher's Manual
5. Math is Elementary
6. Sixth Grade Scribbles
7. Taking a Walk on the Teaching Side
8. The Balanced Classroom
9. Drowning in Paperclips
10. The Happy Teacher
11. Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans
I have been lucky enough to find each of you in the blogging world. Don't forget to link back so I can hear all about you!